Elmira’s OJCT-sanctioned Bantam Cash Bonspiel will take place the weekend of November 28-30, 2014.
For further information, contact Glenn Paulley at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (519) 725-4921.
Event sponsorship of this event will be announced over the summer months.
Entry fee for all rinks is $200. Entry forms, accompanied with payment, should be mailed to:
194 Pine Grove Crescent
Waterloo, ON N2L 4V1
Payment is necessary to guarantee your term’s entry.
If they wish, teams may post-date their cheques up to October 15, 2014.
We anticipate a total cash prize pool in the neighbourhood of $2200.00. Teams that qualify for the playoffs will, at a minimum, be refunded their entry fee.
Meals will not be provided at this event. However, pizza and soft drinks will be available after the Saturday evening draws.
We have arranged for two blocks of rooms at the Marriott Courtyard hotel in the nearby village St. Jacobs, adjacent to the St. Jacobs Farmers Market. The group rate is $139.00 per night and both Double queen and King+sofa bed rooms are available.
Teams should book either through the Courtyard’s website or by calling the hotel directly at +1 (519) 884-9295. Use the following promotional codes to reserve a room at the discounted rate:
- elnelna – Double queen rooms
- elnelnb – King beds with pull-out sofa
The hotel features complimentary parking, complimentary WiFi throughout the property, an on-site restaurant and bar, and a state-of-the-art fitness center.
Group rates at the Marriott will be available through October 28, 2014.
Please note that draw times and other details are subject to change.
- We plan on hosting eight teams of each gender. Athletes must be 16 years of age or under as of 31 December 2013.
- All teams will play their first game on Friday night.
- Teams of each gender will be divided into two pools of four teams each. Each pool will play a round-robin with other teams in their pool; the top two teams in each pool will qualify for playoffs on Sunday.
- Assuming a full draw, all teams will be guaranteed three games.
- Each draw will have both boys and girls games played simultaneously. Please see the tentative draw schedule below.
- All games are 8 ends with an extra-end if necessary, including playoffs.
- Round-robin games will use the traditional coin flip to determine hammer and colour of stones.
- Time-outs will be permitted; two 1-minute time-outs per team per game, with an extra time-out permitted in the case of an extra end.
- Team ranking, based on draws-to-the-button immediately after each team’s first game, will determine the secondary tie-breaking criteria for qualifying for playoffs (after head-to-head win/loss in the case of two rinks).
- The top two teams from each pool will cross-over for the semi-final games on Sunday morning, with the winners going on to the championship Sunday afternoon. Finalists will also play Sunday afternoon to determine 3rd and 4th place.
- 7-minute practices will be scheduled for all playoff games on Sunday. After the 7-minute practice has been completed, teams will have one minute to throw a draw to the button to determine hammer/colour for that game.