Elmira’s OJCT-sanctioned Bantam Cash Bonspiel will take place the weekend of November 20-22, 2015. Please note that this weekend corresponds to the tentatively-scheduled OCA Junior Zone playdowns weekend in many Zones throughout Ontario. Check your Zone schedule when it becomes available.
For further information, contact Glenn Paulley at email@example.com or by phone at (519) 725-4921.
Entry fee for all rinks is $200. Entry forms, accompanied with payment, should be mailed to:
194 Pine Grove Crescent
Waterloo, ON N2L 4V1
Payment is necessary to guarantee your term’s entry.
If they wish, teams may post-date their cheques, payable to the Elmira and District Curling Club, up to October 1, 2015.
We anticipate a total cash prize pool in the neighbourhood of $2200.00. Teams that qualify for the playoffs will, at a minimum, be refunded their entry fee.
Teams are welcome to bring their own food and meal items to this event. We do not currently plan on providing meals at the curling club during this event, but this is subject to change. At a minimum, pizza and soft drinks will be available after the Saturday evening draws.
We are pleased to have the St. Jacobs Marriott Courtyard Hotel in nearby St. Jacobs as our event hotel again this year, who have reserved a discounted block of rooms for teams from outside Waterloo Region. Discounted rooms include “traditional” king-and-sofa and double-queen rooms, but suites are also available, complete with whirlpool bath.
The Marriott Hotel, located at 50 Benjamin Road in Waterloo, is adjacent to the St. Jacobs Farmer’s market, has a full-service restaurant and offers free WiFi in all areas of the hotel. Reservations at the discounted rates will be available through October 28. Alternative hotels are the St. Jacobs Holiday Inn Express, the new St. Jacobs Hilton Suites, and the Waterloo Inn in Waterloo.
Please note that draw times and other details are subject to change.
- We plan on hosting eight teams of each gender. Athletes must be 16 years of age or under as of 31 December 2015.
- All teams will play their first game on Friday night.
- Teams of each gender will be divided into two pools of four teams each. Each pool will play a round-robin with other teams in their pool; the top two teams in each pool will qualify for playoffs on Sunday.
- Assuming a full draw, all teams will be guaranteed three games.
- Each draw will have both boys and girls games played simultaneously. Please see the tentative draw schedule below.
- All games are 8 ends with an extra-end if necessary, including playoffs.
- Round-robin games will use the traditional coin flip to determine hammer and colour of stones.
- Time-outs will be permitted; two 1-minute time-outs per team per game, with an extra time-out permitted in the case of an extra end.
- Team ranking, based on draws-to-the-button immediately after each team’s second game, will determine the secondary tie-breaking criteria for qualifying for playoffs (after head-to-head win/loss in the case of two rinks).
- The top two teams from each pool will cross-over for the semi-final games on Sunday morning, with the winners going on to the championship Sunday afternoon. Finalists will also play Sunday afternoon to determine 3rd and 4th place.
- 7-minute practices will be scheduled for all playoff games on Sunday. After the 7-minute practice has been completed, teams will have one minute to throw a draw to the button to determine hammer/colour for that game.