This is a list of useful links and resources available online that can educate any curler – from kid to adult. The list will be updated as I discover new (or improved) material. If you have found something useful, send me the link!
A useful resource is the Golden Hawks Curling High Performance Centre site at Wilfrid Laurier University that holds syndicated material from a variety of curling authors and includes the complete online library of articles from Bill Tschirhart’s A Pane in the Glass series.
Rules and Strategy
- Rules of Curling for General Play 2010-2012, published by the Canadian Curling Association.
- Curling 101, a two-page introduction to the game of curling that includes a brief glossary of curling terms and a short description of how to play. Published by the Ontario Curling Association.
- Flash animation of curling shots, available from the CCA website.
- 4-rock Free Guard Zone Introductory Strategy Guide, available from the CCA website.
- A Goal Without a Plan is Just a Dream by Bill Tschirhart.
- Curling Drills to Die For by Bill Tschirhart.